Easy DIY Laundry Detergent

I was spending so much money on laundry detergent before I found this recipe.  My husband and Boy 3 have very sensitive skin and various allergies so I had to be really careful with what I used.  We've been using this for about two months now and I am completely satisfied with it.  Safe.  Cheap.  Effective.

All three ingredients were found on the same shelf at Wal-Mart on the laundry detergent aisle.

  • 1 bar Fels-Naptha .99
  • 1 cup Borax $3.49
  • 1 cup Washing Soda  $3.49
Use a cheese grater to grate the bar of Fels-Naptha.  Mix together with Borax and Washing Soda in a medium sized bowl.  Store in an airtight container.  We use an old coffee container.  I use 1 TBSP per load, 2 TBSP if it's a heavier or more soiled load.  Yes, just 1 TBSP.  I also use cold water for all of my washes and the soap dissolves just fine and leaves no residue behind. Keep in mind that this does not produce a lather.  Suds do not equal clean. I love the fresh smell.  One batch of this lasts me about a month and we go through A LOT of laundry as a family of six.  





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Say something! I would love to hear from you.